Artist Relations Specialist
Korg USA is looking for an Artist Relations Specialist with primary responsibility to develop and maintain great artist, songwriter and management relationships within the music industry. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative team player to join our in-house marketing team. You will lead the day-to-day activities of our Artist Relations program, providing artist support for some of the music industry’s leading brands—Korg, Vox, Blackstar, Lag and HK Audio— and working within the marketing team to develop engaging artist content for our marketing campaigns.
This role oversees the company’s artist relations activity with emphasis on a number of key functional areas. These include identifying trends and artists we should be working with who are good matches for our products and brands, ensuring that the artists targeted are in sync with goals for the products and brands that the product management team has identified and managing a budget of product giveaways and consignments in a responsible manner so that our artist partnerships reap the maximum benefits for both the artist and the company. The A.R. Specialist is also responsible for development and execution of live or experiential events involving artist participation in order to positively promote our brands and product. This position also includes administrative functions to assist in the success of this position and timely communication with management and support staff at Korg USA.
- Ensures that existing endorsers are serviced properly and that relationships with those endorsers are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Identifies viable, potential artist endorsers.
- Procures new artist endorsers to support our products and brands.
- Works with artists and their management to secure the content necessary to use in artist marketing campaigns. This includes obtaining quotes, sound bytes, video clips, photos, etc.
- Provides input into the supervision of photo and video shoots so that our brands and products are properly a represented and the ensuing photos/videos present our products in the best possible manner.
- Attend shows and concerts and interface with key artists and their management teams.
- Arranges artist appearances at trade shows, retail and special events, etc.
- Works effectively with companies like rental and backline companies ensure that our products get maximum exposure with the artist communities they service.
- Prepares monthly reports on artist endorser activity including purchases, giveaways, product loans and prospecting.
- Oversee all artist loans in a fiscally responsible manner.
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5 years of experience in Artist/Entertainment Relations, PR or related entertainment field
- Superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and manage multiple priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal and team skills.
- Positive, personable, and “can-do” attitude. Ability to relate to artists of various genres via telephone and e-mail.
- Knowledge of or proficiency in a musical instrument a plus
- Computer skills-proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org